The Raichur Agricultural University is entrusted with the triple functions of producing trained personnel, carrying out research and extension activities in agricultural sector. Information is a valuable resource and important constituent that determines the quality of education, research and extension activities. Library and information knowledge centre is envisaged for collection, organisation and dissemination of information on agriculture, the centre consists of the University Central Library, Libraries in all Constituent Colleges and Research Stations spread all over Hyderabad Karnataka region under UAS Raichur jurisdiction
Book/Reference Reading Materials
University Library is having a good collection of documents in Agricultural Science and Agricultural Engineering and allied subjects housing a total of 56977 books, 133 current journals including National and international, 1965 thesis and dissertations, 350 seminar scripts, 310 institutional annual reports, 110 conference/workshops proceedings and 4500 gifts books and other reference materials and the Book Bank Scheme of the University Library having 2500 books for the benefit of SC/ST Students.
These are unique and are of high quality in nature and content. They are considered best among the academic, research and extension activity of the user community in the field of agricultural and allied subjects. The Library has, on its role, 1500 members, viz., students, teachers, scientists and technical staff. It also serves about 50917 visitors every year, which is recently enhanced due to strengthening of library. The university library has a budgetary provision from the UAS, Raichur, State Government and ICAR-SAU grants respectively.
Usage of University Library
University Library, is one of the best library towards the usage of its resources like Books Journals and other e-resources, thesis and dissertations, annual reports etc. which has been used by the users i.e. students, faculty members, scientists and other technical staff throughout year with increased use of books to 23940 which have been referred in the library and 4790 books have been borrowed for home reading per year in the recent year. Whereas, 15390 back volumes of journals and 6669current issues of journals has been referred during year 2018-19 by the users in University Library after strengthening.
Resource Management and Services
- Development of news clips in agriculture: As a result of strengthening through SAU grants in the University Library, which also maintains news paper clippings service pertaining to Agriculture and allied subjects from International, National and regional news items as well as university news items which are being utilized by the students and faculty as tips of agricultural news available on hands easily at accessible place.
- Reference, circulation and stack maintenance: Apart from 1500 registered members, the Library served approximately 350-465 users who consulted every day and approximately 1350-1475 documents referred very day due to strengthening which has been is doubled during the current year.
- Reprography services: Two Xerox work centre model No. 5225 and 5335 digital photocopier are in use in the library. The University Library provided 85608 pages of photocopies of scientific and technical literature on nominal payment to the users per year. The library has remitted a sum of Rs/- 5118=00 towards the receipt of reprographic, computerized bar coded ID cards, internet fees, overdue charges and re-issue of borrower cards which also enhance the library income increased by 40 to 50 per cent after the strengthening of library.
All the above strengthening and up gradation of UAS Library has attracted students from all over the India and foreign students to undertake their higher studies at UAS Raichur.
- The Library is automated with Library Management Software e-Lib. All the books have been bar-coded.
- Library is maintaining the movement register software for students and staff for In and Out.
Digital Library/Internet Lab
University Library has been modernized by establishing the new internet center namely “Centre for Information Common Learning” for internet Surfing, On-line catalogue, e-books, e-journals and other e-resources like science direct e-books & e-journals access, CRC Net base e-Books from Taylor & Francis Group, Indiastat-statistical database, Ebsco e-journals database, indianjournals.com and CAB Abstracts and full text e-books and e-journals through CeRA plat form under NAIP from ICAR New Delhi.
The latest ICT tools and techniques with Wi-Fi facility are available in the University Library. The e-resources are unique and are of high quality in nature and content. The mandatory housekeeping activities of library have been automatized by using “e-lib” software. Barcode technology has been implemented in circulation process by bar-coding of library documents and the computerized library membership ID Cards have been issued and the auto-movement register is using in circulation counter to prepare the visitors statistical report of the University Library. These extended facilities from library by utilizing the SAU grants have attracted more students, teachers and researchers towards Library to fulfil their academic and research requirement to the end user.
- Library has wide range of reference collections including subject as well as general encyclopedias, competitive examination collections, dictionaries, Thesis and Dissertations, Handbooks, Reports, atlas, Maps and subject glossaries etc.
- New Arrivals
- New Arrivals are displayed at the entrance of reading hall.
- News paper clipping
- Library maintains news paper clippings pertaining to Agriculture and allied subjects from International, National and regional news items.
- News paper clippings related to UASR
- Library Orientation programme is conducted every year at the time of admission.
- Notification & Advertisements
- Library maintains a notification and advertisements file for the benefit of readers. It can also be seen on UASR website under E-Governance.
- Submission of Thesis
- As a part of completion of PG and Ph.D. Degree programme students are need to submit their thesis in both hard copy and soft copy (CD/DVD) formats. The students are needed to abide to the guidelines fixed from time to time for the submission of their theses to the University Library. The University Library is not responsible for the delay getting caused due to non-fulfilment of the thesis submission guidelines.